Monday, March 10, 2014

Making Up For Monday: Lending Out Books~ YAY or NAY???


Here we are, another Monday! Let's have some fun a do a Monday meme. Each week I'll do, Making Up for Mondays, hosted by An Avid Reader, A Wanna Be Writer. There will be a theme/game/something fun to do that week and you are more than welcome to play along. Just answer the question for the week and explain why on you blog. Don't forget to link your post here and on our hosts page. Thanks Y'all and Happy Reading 


Today's Topic/Question:


Do you lend books out, and if so,what are your rules to lending?

When I first started reading I would say yes but now that I've been reading a while and have grown attached to all my books (YES! All of my books), I'd have to say no.


 Other reasons why my answer is no is because I have lent some books out and when I got them, months later, they were not in the condition I lent them out in. Also the very last time I let someone borrow a book, I never got it back. It's been 2 years :( It was a pretty good book too, Silver Linings Playbook.


I don't care if I seem like an ass for not lending out my books. I love them, they're my most treasured belongings and if anything were to happen to them, then I would be distraught!! I'm sure I'm not the only reader/book owner that feels this way, right!?!?!

I guess I'm lucky in a way though, not a lot of my friends read books so I don't have anyone asking me to borrow any of my books, thank goodness! All of my book friends are online!! I don't mind sharing ebooks... i just don't know how to do that yet!

What about you guys? I'd love to hear what y'all think about my book lending rules and I'd love to hear yours......

bookhangoversbb.blogspot.com

 BIG HUGS and Lots of Love 
Michelle Bell xo

9 comments:

  1. I read a lot of ebooks, so I can't easily lend. Instead I just make sure to point friends to good books!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! I totally agree! Recommending books is a lot easier and less stressful too :)

      Delete
  2. It depends on who I'll be lending them to, I guess! There are two books that I've lent that haven't been returned to me: Catching Fire (I'm grieving over this loss!) and Crescendo (it's fine since I didn't really like it). I have a few bookish friends who I let borrow my books since I trust them, and since they let me borrow theirs as well! :)

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess if I had bookish friends that let me borrow books, then I would lend them mine. But I don't have any, beside cyber space :( I really need to join a local book club or something lol

      Delete
  3. I don't lend at all unless I make it very clear about my conditions and that I need the book back in the condition I lent them to and I know I can trust the other person but most of the time, I just don't because I've had bad experiences before and well, it's just better to be safe than sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be so mad if I didn't get Silver Linings Playbooks back. I loved that book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mainly read ebooks, so this isn't much of a problem any more. If I do have a physical copy, I rarely lend it out anymore. It is just easier for me to tell the person to get it from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, I'm not a lender anymore. I mean sometimes I do. Like my co-worker, but that's because she'll keep it at work so I can keep an eye on her. Lol.
    And yes, the last few times I've lent out to a friend the book has come back in terrible condition. I mean, seriously?! Not cool bro, not cool. And now you are on my blacklist. My books are my prized possessions. I keep them in as best condition as possible.
    Agreed, I'm not trying to be a jerk by not letting you borrow one of my books. I just don't trust you not ruin it. :P

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy receiving, reading and replying to all comments. I truly do appreciate each and every one of you who take the time and comment on my blog. Sharing your thoughts or concerns are important to me and I promise I will reply back to you as soon as I can.