Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday's Wrap Up with Book Haul and Selfie ♥

Okay! Usually I do Stacking the Shelves and The Sunday Post but I've been SUPER busy on the weekends to participate in those memes.

So starting Mondays I'll be doing Monday Wrap ups  part of It's Monday! What are you reading, hosted by Book Journey, where we gather to share what bookish things we did in the past week and what bookish things we plan to do this week.

Last Weeks Post:

Monday: That's A Wrap Y'all~  I shared everything I did the week before. Just like I'm going to do on today's post.
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday~ Last week we got to pick a genre and then share our top ten favorite books in that genre we chose. I, of course, chose FANTASY b/c I love it so much!!
Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday~ Last week I shared one of the books I am most anticipating, Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen. The book will be released on April 1st, right around the corner. WOO HOO!!!!
Thursday: Quotable Thursday~ Like all my Quotable Thursday's I quoted from a book I love but this time I did it with a twist. Not only did I quote from a book but I quoted from a celebrity as well. The Topic being Divergent b/c the movie is coming out THIS WEEKEND!!! GO CHECK IT OUT! So I quoted Shailene Woodley on her views on LOVE
Also last Thursday I did a review, YEA ME!! A REVIEW!! lol My review was on the lovely and AMAZING book by Alice Hoffman, The Museum of Extraordinary Things. A book I recommend to everyone. It is a masterpiece!
Friday: Feature & Follow~ the topic was. "where is your favorite outside reading spot(s)?" and to take a picture of you favorite spot to share. That was fun :)

My life tends to get a little crazy on the weekends, you know, with my husband being home from work we try and do things that need to be done around the house and spend time with each other and our kids, BUT Sunday's are my "ME TIME" day, where I get to go to the bookstore and Library, all by myself!!! 

Sunday's are the best! This is what I managed to get my hands on yesterday :)

SUNDAY'S BOOK HAUL

Barnes & Noble

The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas: I was browsing through everyone's posts and I stopped to watch a video blog by Ashley at Books to the Tea. While sharing her book haul she expressed how excited she was about The Burning Sky. So much so that it definitely got me intrigued enough to go out and buy the book!
 So BIG HUGS & BIG THANKS to 

Cinder by Marissa Meyer: I've been waiting for the library copy for this book for almost 2 months now. I felt like I was never going to get it, so, I BOUGHT IT! Problem solved! Can't wait to see what the fuss it all about with this series. I'm excited :)

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson: I was browsing through all the books at B&N and this one caught my eye b/c it had Lily in it's title, which is my daughter's name! I grabbed it and read the summary and was instantly interested! Peter Pan's love interest before Wendy Darling?!?!
 It looks like it's got some pretty good ratings and reviews too :)

2nd and Charles (new & used bookstore)

The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss: This is book two of The Kingkiller Chronicles. I have book one, The Name of the Wind in paperback but I'm trying to collect the hardback books. When I saw this one in the store for half of it's retail price of course I had to buy it!!

Pandora by Anne Rice: I haven't read that much of Rice's books, the last one's I tried to read I DNF because they were a bit to risqué for my liking. ( The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty) So I wanted to give her another go and I chose Pandora. Sounds intriguing and the way the hardback book is made is pretty neat. It's width is a lot slimmer than most books.

Library Book


The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski: YAY! I'm super excited to read this book that I've read so many great reviews about. Hopefully my experience with this book with be just as good as everyone else's.

I found a book mark while standing in line at B&N and with the piece that comes with the bookmark to keep it from, I don't know, bending? I made a book mark too :)

↑ The owl book mark and the book mark I made, decorating both sides with my daughter's stickers ↑

This Week's Blog:
Hopefully I'll get a lot of reading done so I can get more reviews up here. I'm not completely sure if I'll have anything surprising this week, but I will for sure have the following:
Top Ten TuedayWaiting on WednesdayThursday's QuotableFriday's Feature & Follow
I'll also have a review for Half Bad by Sally Green sometime during this week. Most likely on Thursday. 

I'm looking forward to this week's topic's and bookish memes, to interact with all my fellow bloggers and friends.
BIG hugs and Lots of LOVE





7 comments:

  1. YAY for books!
    I LOVE The Lunar Chronicles! So that's exciting you'll finally get to read Cinder.
    And I adored Tiger Lily. IT hits you right in the feels.
    I haven't read The Burning Sky yet, but it's been sitting on my shelf since it's release...:P
    I'm going to be reading The Winner's Curse this week. I'm sooo excited for it also! We can compare notes. :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEA!!! Definitely compare notes :)
      So far I like Burning Sky, hopefully I end up loving it! We'll see, i'll keep you update! Thanks for stopping by Brittany ♥

      Delete
  2. Bomb finds!! You know how much I enjoyed the Lunar Chronicles ;-) . I really enjoyed Tiger Lily, it was a bit different but wonderful writing. Pandora, Yes!!! I love Anne Rice's vampires and I loved this book years ago. I've seen Burning Sky before, I adore the cover....fabulous. Sweet bookmarks by the way and I love the aelfie girl. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your the bomb girl hee hee hee :) Love your face and as always thanks for stopping by!!!! I can't wait to read Pandora, I hope I like it more than her rate xxx book, Claiming of Sleeping Beauty! That shit was intense, lol!!! I'll let you know ;)
      BIG hugs and kisses sent your way xoxo ♥

      Delete
  3. Yippee for CInder! I am also excited to hear what you think of The Winner's Curse!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay :D Lots of awesome. You will love Cinder. <3 You must. Hih. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy Cinder! It's great. I need to read the Kingkiller Chronicles myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy receiving, reading and replying to all comments. I truly do appreciate each and every one of you who take the time and comment on my blog. Sharing your thoughts or concerns are important to me and I promise I will reply back to you as soon as I can.