Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Stolen Songbird


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by Breaking the Spine,
that showcase upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. 

Today's Book:

(click on the title or book image to link back to GoodReads)

For five centuries, a witch’s curse has bound the trolls to their city beneath the ruins of Forsaken Mountain. Time enough for their dark and nefarious magic to fade from human memory and into myth. But a prophesy has been spoken of a union with the power to set the trolls free, and when Cécile de Troyes is kidnapped and taken beneath the mountain, she learns there is far more to the myth of the trolls than she could have imagined.


Cécile has only one thing on her mind after she is brought to Trollus: escape. Only the trolls are clever, fast, and inhumanly strong. She will have to bide her time, wait for the perfect opportunity.



But something unexpected happens while she’s waiting – she begins to fall for the enigmatic troll prince to whom she has been bonded and married. She begins to make friends. And she begins to see that she may be the only hope for the half-bloods – part troll, part human creatures who are slaves to the full-blooded trolls. There is a rebellion brewing. And her prince, Tristan, the future king, is its secret leader.



As Cécile becomes involved in the intricate political games of Trollus, she becomes more than a farmer’s daughter. She becomes a princess, the hope of a people, and a witch with magic powerful enough to change Trollus forever.



Okay! So this book has Trolls in it. I don't think I've ever read a book with Trolls in it. Oh wait, The Hobbit had trolls, RIGHT?!?! Even Harry Potter had a run in with a troll. 
But those were small roles, this book seems to be all about them. I think it'll be pretty cool reading about creatures other than vampires and werewolves.


 I've been pretty excited about this book for a while now. I've even seen a lot of good reviews on it too!! Luckily I don't have that much longer to wait because April 1st is right around the corner. Unless they get me with APRIL FOOL'S DAY and it come out April 2nd instead.


Can't wait to see what books you guys are anticipating. Let me get my TBR list ready for some upcoming new releases and debuts y'all share ;)


BIG HUGS and Lots of Love







20 comments:

  1. I am excited to read this one too! I love your GIFs!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missie! lol
      I always get a kick trying to find the perfect GIF that fit ;)

      Delete
  2. I've actually read quite a few books with trolls in it, ya gotta love a good troll character lol and they're normally dumb as dirt. Great pick, I seriously love the cover of this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably have read more than I listed. I'm wondering how they're going to be described in the book, seeing as the MC's love interest is supposedly half human half troll...Hmmmmm......?!?!?!?
      LOL :) Kiss kiss hug hugs Mo ♥

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited about this book! I don't think I have read anything about trolls either and that makes it even better. Plus it has witches and curses which I always love. Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Lots of good stuff! Not much longer now. :)

      Delete
  4. oh this one is on my radar too. I heard there is a plot twist at the end =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Say WHAT!!!! That's always a PLUS! WoooHooo! Thanks for the heads up. Now my anticipation is even more BANANAZZZ!!!!!!!!! Thanks for stopping by Amie! And for that lil piece of good news :)

      Delete
  5. Stolen Songbird sounds AMAZING! Great pick -- I haven't heard of this until now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh YAY!!! Hopefully you'll check it out when it comes out April 1st :)
      Thanks for stopping by Jackie! BIG hugs xoxo ♥

      Delete
  6. I saw this one come up on Goodreads, I want to have it SO much. Love this week's choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I'm looking forward to this book, though I didn't know there were trolls in it...but that just intrigues me all the more. Enjoy! Lovely blog, new follower here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea, me too. I have an e-arc of it. So I will be reading it this month. :) YAY, fantasy!
    And yes, the reviews have been pretty good. So even more excitement. :D
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I hope you enjoy it. I'll be staying posted for that review ;)
      Thanks for stopping by Brittany!!

      Delete
  9. This one definitely sounds interesting! I haven't read a lot of fantasy lately, but this one definitely sounds like something I want to acquire! There aren't many YA fantasies with trolls in them, so I'm looking forward to that - LOL! Thanks for sharing, and great choice!

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime time you need a fantasy book recommendation, I'm your girl ;) haha For real though, I'll lead you in the right direction!!
      Thanks for stopping by Zoe xoxox

      Delete
  10. I am STOKED for this book's release!

    *sees GIFs*

    *DIES*

    I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty cover :D Looks like a good book. I hope you will love it. <3

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy receiving, reading and replying to all comments. I truly do appreciate each and every one of you who take the time and comment on my blog. Sharing your thoughts or concerns are important to me and I promise I will reply back to you as soon as I can.