Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday's Stacking the Shelves


Stacking The Shelves is a weekly blog all about sharing the books that I've added to my shelves, be it buying or borrowing. From ‘real’ books I've purchased, a book I’ve borrowed, a book I’ve been given or an e-book I'll being sharing here :) Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews ♥

Books bought and borrowed between Jan. 12th-18th 

Books Bought:

Hollow City 
By: Ransom Riggs
Published: January 14, 2014

Bought: January 14, 2014
I knew this book was coming out on this date b/c I have been waiting for it's release for almost 3 years now. The morning of it's release date I made sure I was at Walmart to be the first person to buy this book. Of course I was being that I went at 6 o'clock in the morning lol! The book wasn't even on the floor yet. I had to get one of the employee's to go in the back and get one from it's unopened box.


Ebooks:

The Orphan and The Thief
By: M.L. Legette
Published: January 3, 2014

Bought: January 17, 2014
I stumbled upon this book on DJ's Corner and it's sounded pretty unique and fun. It involves a Toad and an Owl, some magic and a lot of adventure. I needed a happy story after reading some of these dark stories I've been reading lately.




Bellman & Black: A Ghost Story
By: Diane Setterfield
Published : November 5, 2013

Bought: January 17, 2014
I went ahead and purchase this book yesterday because it was on sale for $1.99 for Kindle. I'm a sucker for Kindle books, especially one's that are on my TBR list. 
I've heard mixed reviews on this book, more bad than good. I'd thought I'd give it a read. When that will be, I have no idea.


House of Bathory
By: Linda Lafferty
Published: January 14, 2014

Bought: January 17, 2014
I don't know what it is but lately I've been reading a lot of creepy, dark stories. This one sounds FREAKY! It's a historical fiction inspired by the actual crimes of Elizabeth Báthory.





The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
By: James Thurber
Published: December 17, 2013

Bought: January 17, 2014
This is a short story James Thurber wrote to give us a glimpse of Walter Mitty's life. A life that consists of frequent daydreaming. Proving that you are never too old to have a huge imagination!


Books from Library: 

Fortunately, The Milk
By: Neil Gaiman
Illustrated by: Skottie Young
Published: September 17, 2013

This book is from the library but someday soon I will own a copy. I'm a HUGE Neil Gaiman fan and I'm in the process of collecting all of his magical works of art.





* For complete into about any of these books, please click on their picture's and you will be directed to their Goodreads or Amazon link.


Now I'm curious to see what books
y'all bought and/or borrowed this past week.
Let me know and Happy Reading Y'all!
♥ xoxo ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy receiving, reading and replying to all comments. I truly do appreciate each and every one of you who take the time and comment on my blog. Sharing your thoughts or concerns are important to me and I promise I will reply back to you as soon as I can.