Friday, January 31, 2014

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56 #4

Hey Guys! Join me every Friday for some bookish fun! I'll be sharing Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Readersand for double the fun, The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice



Let's get started!!






Book Beginnings:

share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Don't forget to include the title of the book and the author's name.


"The first thing you should know about me is that I am my father's son. And when they came for him, I did as he asked. I did not cry. Not when the Society televised the arrest. Not when the Gold's tried him. Not when the Gray's hung him. My mother hit me for that. My brother Kieran was suppose to be the stoic one. He was the elder, I the younger. I was suppose to cry."

By: Pierce Brown

My Thoughts:
Immediately I was choked up when I read this beginning of this book and probably up until the 4th chapter. Just from the beginning it show how intense the book was going to be. I'm currently still reading it and it has yet to disappoint :)

The Friday 56:

Grab a book, any book, and turn to page 56 or 56% on ebooks. Share a sentence (or more) that left an impression or that stood out. 


(Page 56): "When he was a little kid, he'd had a firm belief in universally observed monster rules. He'd been sure, for example, that if he kept all parts of himself on the mattress and shrouded beneath blankets, if he kept his eyes closed, and if he pretended to be asleep, then he'd be safe."


By: Holly Black

My Thoughts:
I chose to share these sentences because they hit so close to home. I felt the same exact way when I was little, having nightmares of snakes and witches. Thinking if I stayed completely still, with my entire body in the middle of my bed, cover enveloping me, then I would be safe from any harm.


What's your book beginnings and Friday 56?
Share with me here! 
I'd love to hear y'alls thoughts!
Til Then,
Happy Reading Y'all!!
xoxo

P.S. Happy Friday! Y'all have a wonderful, safe weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. Both sound awesome, I have seen Doll Bones around before. I'm going nuts trying to think of what else Pierce Brown wrote though.... lol...

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this is Pierce Brown's first debut.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I didn't request this! It sounded kind of intense for me, but now everyone loves it. I'm going to try to read it this summer...
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I hope you enjoy it when you do read it :)
    I'm looking forward to your review when it comes out.
    Thanks for stopping bye. Have a great weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy receiving, reading and replying to all comments. I truly do appreciate each and every one of you who take the time and comment on my blog. Sharing your thoughts or concerns are important to me and I promise I will reply back to you as soon as I can.