Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What's my W.O.W (Waiting on Wednesday): Half Bad


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme, 
hosted by Breaking the Spine,
that showcase upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating. 

Today I'll be spotlighting:


   Half Bad
Publication: March 4, 2014

Summary from Goodreads:

In modern-day England, witches live alongside humans: White witches, who are good; Black witches, who are evil; and fifteen-year-old Nathan, who is both. Nathan’s father is the world’s most powerful and cruel Black witch, and his mother is dead. He is hunted from all sides. Trapped in a cage, beaten and handcuffed, Nathan must escape before his sixteenth birthday, at which point he will receive three gifts from his father and come into his own as a witch—or else he will die. But how can Nathan find his father when his every action is tracked, when there is no one safe to trust—not even family, not even the girl he loves?




This is author, Sally Green's, first book. This debut is just the first book out of three, which makes me even more excited. I've heard nothing but great buzz about this book so I'm expecting great things from it.

"In the tradition of Patrick Ness and Markus Zusak, Half Bad is a gripping tale of alienation and the indomitable will to survive, a story that will grab hold of you and not let go until the very last page."~GoodReads

"A stunning, magical debut. An international sensation."~GR

"Many have tipped it as doing for witches what Twilight achieved for vampires, but that seems like a great disservice to author Sally Green. Half Bad is edgy, imaginative and worth the attention of any fan of fictional thrill rides. A sure fire contender for the wickedest witch this side of the west."~ Starburtsmagizine.com

Sounds pretty darn interesting to me.
 Half Bad is another 2014 debut book that I am anticipating.
What's Yours???
Love to hear y'alls thoughts :)
Til then
Happy Reading Y'all!!
XOXO

9 comments:

  1. I'm starting this one as soon as I finish the book I'm currently reading. It looks awesome, fingers crossed that it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oh you! You lucky lucky gal! lol
      I'm so excited that you get to read it, and jealous, of course! ;)
      I can't wait to see your review!
      Yes fingers crossed that it's a good one!
      I was super stoked for Red Rising debut and so far it has not let me down (currently reading it)
      Til then chica
      Thanks for stopping bye ♥

      Delete
  2. It's always fun to try out new authors. Sounds like an interesting read. I will be interested to read it.

    Here's my WoW

    Kristalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, your right! Thanks for stopping bye :)
      I'll be sure to check ya out!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard about this one but it looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like stories about witches and it's about a boy witch, which is different!
      Thanks for stoppin' bye ♥

      Delete
  4. I have read this one!! You'll really like it!

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! That just makes me even more excited! Thanks for sharing and for stoppin' bye!! xoxox

      Delete

I enjoy receiving, reading and replying to all comments. I truly do appreciate each and every one of you who take the time and comment on my blog. Sharing your thoughts or concerns are important to me and I promise I will reply back to you as soon as I can.