Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Daughter of Smoke & Bone



Teaser Tuesday is a bookish weekly meme hosted by MitzB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along, just do the following:





• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share 2 sentences (make sure they won't tell too much of the story)

• Don't forget to include the title and author for us readers who'd like to add the book to our TBR lists



"Oh god. Be that cat! she reminded herself. The one that stayed out of reach, and never - ever - purred. Sitting back, she composed her features in what she hoped was the human version of feline disdain." 
Page 232

By: Laini Taylor
Book #1 in the Daughter of Smoke & Bone series

**SUMMARY**  Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.
In a dark and dusty shop, a devil’s supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.
And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.
Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real, she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands", she speaks many languages - not all of them human - and her bright blue hairactually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.
When beautiful, haunted Akiva fixes fiery eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?

And that's today's Tuesday Teaser!
I've just started this book over the weekend and I'm banging myself in the head that I haven't started it sooner. But you know, It's better late than never and Thank goodness b/c the third book is coming soon, this April!!
If you haven't read this book, PLEASE go out and get it, read it, SWOON over it! LOL

Happy Reading Y'all!!!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I have this one on my shelf, I actually started reading it ages ago and LOVED IT but somehow set it down without finishing. I really need to pick it back up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! I am IN LOVE with this book! I haven't been this "fangirlish" since The Lumatere Chronicles! (finnikin of the rock, froi of the exiles, quintana of charyn)
      I'm just crossing my fingers and praying that the rest of the books are just as good or even better! I'm about to start book 2 now and book 3 comes out in April!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I just finished it. Amazing!! Definitely a must read :)
      Thanks for stopping by. Always a pleasure xoxox

      Delete

I enjoy receiving, reading and replying to all comments. I truly do appreciate each and every one of you who take the time and comment on my blog. Sharing your thoughts or concerns are important to me and I promise I will reply back to you as soon as I can.